Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Santa Took Them All...

I have so many blogs and pictures to post from the crazy last few weeks. First I thought I'd start off by sharing our little story about Santa and the binkies (pacifiers for those of you who don't use the term binky). Bella has been a binky addict for 2 and half years now... stuck to her like glue. So we decided to get rid of it the same way we got rid of it with Isaac (however he was 3). We told Bella that Santa needed to take all of her binkies to other babies who weren't big like her and he'd leave her presents in place of her binkies. She was totally cool with this plan, but we still worried about the outcome.

Christmas Eve she fell asleep on the way home with the binky in her mouth. I carried her up to bed and once I laid her down she woke up a little bit so I asked her for her binky so I could leave it for Santa. She handed it to me and went to sleep. That night she only woke up once asking for it and we just reminded her the Santa was bringing presents. The next morning she was so excited to see all the presents.

She only asked for it a few times after that and we continued to explain that Santa took them to babies. She never through any tantrums and never cried... we got lucky. She occassionally takes Carter's binky and hides in a corner to suck on it but that will pass (Isaac did the same with Bella). A funny moment though- The other night she woke up about an hour after going to bed just screaming so I kinda laid down with her in bed (with Carter in my arms in between us). I told her to snuggle me and Carter and go back to sleep. She grabbed his hand (usually she does this and kisses it) so I assumed that's what was going to happen. Instead she picked it up and was trying to put it in her mouth like a binky. She finally stopped herself and looked at his hand, realizing what it was, put it down and went to sleep. So cute! I couldn't stop laughing...

Anyhow... Santa took them all and she's doing great! Yippee!!!

2 comments:

Trina said...

Glad to see you took some time away from Facebook to update your blog. Haha. That's good she's doing so well without her binky.

Tonia said...

Holy updates of all updates! That was a great catch up on the last couple weeks of Norton life!!!