Sunday, December 26, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Taking charge??? Ha! I really took that last post serious huh? To be quite honest I keep FORGETTING I have a blog! I actually don't think about it until I wanna get an update on my older sisters who live out of state (and seem to update their blogs religiously)... then I have to visit this little webspace covered in cobwebs. If only I could have the diligence that they have to keep this thing up. I guess I'm just not feeling any motivation to do so. So instead of making promises that I know are simply lies I'll go with this statement.... Blog updates more then likely AIN'T HAPPENING!
However for old times sake here's a little update (mostly for my sisters who may be the only ones checking this thing if at all).
1. Facebook is where you can find me just about once a day. Go there if you want to know what I'm up to.
2. If you want to see pictures, request it and keep requesting and nagging at me til I post or send them.
3. MOPS & My calling as Ward Activities Chairperson has taken over my life this month. So happy for April to be over soon!
4. Made over $350 selling some of my stuff at the M2M Sale... sad to let it go realizing no more babies for us but excited for the new stage of parenting that lies ahead (kinda excited... but mostly scared).
5. Bella had a Little Mermaid birthday party. Loves Disney Princess movies and walks around singing about princes all day. She also loves to cop a HUGE attitude and has me deathly afraid of the teenage years at only the age of 4. Yet she remains so dang cute. She's become a mommy cling on and likes to stick by my side as often as possible... even playing at the park. I secretly kinda like it. The idea of my little girl not wanting to leave my side because I'm sure one day she's going to be begging me to leave her side.
6. Isaac just started TBall and let me tell you that kid has quite a swing (and not with a t stand but with an actual pitch). I'm excited to see how far he'll go in this sport but will support him in any others he chooses. He loves to read and rushes through is work at school just so he can read with his teacher. He's still the pickiest eater alive... I'm almost certain of this. That kid is so dang smart though and I'm in awe of his amazing memory. I can tell him up to 10 things I need at the grocery store and he remembers them all! No need for pen and paper with Isaac around.
7. Doug got fired- Hallelujah! Obviously you know he didn't fire himself (as a business owner). But he was on a job from you know where... we never saw him (or I should say the kids) and it was horrible. Glad to have him home more... I'm in love. And I really don't care if you think that's corny.
8. We bought a 27 ft camping trailer... it is EXACTLY what we've been looking for, for the past 5 years! Super excited and have 4 camping trips booked for the summer as well as a trip to Palmyra with the Norton Clan.
9. I left Carter overnight for the first time EVER. Yay! What a peaceful night that was... but I LOVE my little baby and he'll always be my little baby and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to think differently about him.
10. I don't have anything for 10 but I hate uneven numbers so I still had to type it. (and yes I do realize I have 3 kids which is an odd number....)
So that's it for now. I may or may not be back on this thing anytime soon... we'll see! Enjoy what you get. However I do plan on wasting more time on Heritage Makers so you may see some of that to come.
Posted by Tenille at 10:52 PM
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Well it has been a sad 4 months since my last post. I almost forgot about the blogging world... but I do hope to be better at my updates. One day (and hopefully soon) I'd like to turn this blog into a journal for my family as opposed to just a blog for my fellow bloggers to read and look at. But that takes commitment and that is something I am seriously lacking right now.
Just like I totally lack commitment in getting my laundry done. I hate it with a passion. It is the worst chore... I'd rather scrub toilets then do laundry. Pretty sad huh? Well, recently I let it go too far... I will wash and dry the laundry and even sort it into the appropriate owners piles. But when it comes to putting it away... I'm horrible. Don't believe me? Take a look.
The first photo is the boys room.... I've been meaning to transfer the clothes into this dresser that a friend gave us for free. And yet I don't ever make the time. So the dresser sits empty and clothes pile high. Then there's Bella's closet... she seems to always pull her clothes down to change into them 3 or 4 times a day that finally I gave up and started making clean piles on the floor. But enough is enough... this is hideous and I'm sick of digging for outfits. Time to take charge. Today, I'm going to put all of this away. In the right place and not just on the floor... Wish me luck!
Posted by Tenille at 1:52 PM
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Doug and I had the honor of going up in the air in this amazing fighter plane with our friend, the pilot Steve Morrey. The kids loved sitting in it before take off. Doug loved every minute of it... especially the spirals in mid air. He told Steve to go crazy with me (which Doug should've known better). I had so much fun... up until one last trick that got me sick. Just as we hit the runway to land... my lunch ended up all over the plane. I felt so bad, but Doug and I both had a blast!
Posted by Tenille at 12:18 AM
Doug was in love with model rockets when he was a kid. For some reason once he hit his teenage years he found other interests... maybe wrestling, football, and girls??? But now he gets to relive his childhood as he introduces Isaac to the world of model rockets.Bella joined in too. They had fun putting together and launching this one... although it ended up landing in the lake and only was launched once. Hopefully another one will be built soon.
Posted by Tenille at 12:00 AM
Monday, October 12, 2009
So this past summer we were able to have a little Norton Family Reunion. (Pictures of that will have to be put in slideshow for you later). Unfortunatley Doug's brother and sister (Bonnie & Kevin) couldn't make it... but it was a crazy, fun adventure with our ever growing family.
Jacob, Sam, Emma, Matthew, Jarod, Nathan, Jonathan, Grace, Joshua, Sommer, Brandon, Olivia, Emily, Isaac, Bella, Carter, Logan, and baby boy in Emily's tummy... makes 17 and a half. We tried ever so hard to capture a photo of all the grandbabies with their Meme and Papa. Here's what came out.
Posted by Tenille at 11:41 PM
In August we decided to be spontaneous and get away for the weekend... Doug had been wanting to go to Hartwick Pines for years now and I finally gave in. It was so beautiful to walk through the woods and the kids had a blast at all the little logging museums and visiting center. They even got to meet Smokey the Bear.
Posted by Tenille at 11:30 PM